Monday, April 23, 2012

Quick Post

I just wanted to write a quick little post this dreary Monday afternoon.  I spent the weekend sketching (or attempting to anyway) some ideas that have been floating around in my head for awhile.  I've been really focused on beadwork lately and have kind of moved away from what got me interested in jewelry making to begin with: Metals.  So now I have some really great concepts in mind for a "summer line" of jewelry that's a little different than the stuff I've been working on lately.  It's more organic, more earthy.  Think hammered metals, pearls, and sea glass.  I'm really excited. 

The things I have in mind are a little bit outside my comfort zone, which is kind of thrilling in itself.  I figure I've got a pretty good grasp on the basics, and I've been designing a lot more on my own...it's about time I start to push myself and see what develops.  So stay tuned!

In other news, I made kind of an impulsive decision late last night and purchased a Showcase on Etsy.  For those of you who don't know what that is, Etsy offers some really great advertising opportunities, one of them being something called a Showcase.  For a small fee, you can purchase a space at the top of a specific category page for 24 hours.  I bought myself a space in the Jewelry>Pendants section.  Starting tomorrow and running for 24 hours, the pieces I selected will show up at the top of the Pendants page.

I've had some fairly good traffic in my shop in the week I've had it up, but I wanted to see what I could do to increase traffic and maybe even get a sale or two.  How exciting would that be?  I can't wait to see what happens.

And that'll do it for today's quick post.  Be sure to check back on Wednesday when I'll post about the success (or lack of) resulting from my impulsive advertising purchase.  And maybe I'll share a photo or two of some of my newest ideas (:

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment